Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Glee: The Complete First Season

GleeSeason1DVD.jpg


Wow! This DVD set is nothing short of spectacular. The DVD set contains all 22 episodes of Season 1 on seven discs. The show speaks for itself - it's positively delightful. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I turn on an episode of Glee. The music makes me smile, and there's almost always at least three lines that make me laugh incredibly hard. The cast, especially Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele, and Cory Monteith, are phenomenally talented, and rejuvenate old classics with brand-new energy and vigor. Plus the guest stars are spectacular - Neil Patrick Harris, Idina Menzel, Kristin Chenoweth, and the list goes on!


The DVD set itself is also great. The menus are easy to navigate, and even include a short synopsis of each episode when you click on that episode. I haven't made it through all of the special features yet, but there are lots of them, including: a Glee "jukebox" (basically a selection of songs from different episodes to listen to), a Glee sing-a-long with four songs, a comprehensive dance instructional, a short feature on the costumes, and more!


I recommend both this set and the show. I know many people bought Volume 1 when it first came out, which contains only the first 13 episodes, but this is a great alternative to buying both volumes separately.



No comments:

Post a Comment