Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Mia" bag from Big Buddha



I had wanted this bag for almost a year, and found it nearly half-price on Amazon from other online stores. I was thrilled when I ordered it, but the next day somebody posted a review about an awful smell that came with the bag. The previous reviewer is right - there is a bad smell when you first open the box, and I was immediately disappointed that I couldn't start carrying it right away. To get rid of the smell, I sprayed it with Downy Wrinkle Releaser (one of my favorite products in the world, and basically just watered-down fabric softener). That didn't quite work, so I put baking soda in a baggie and placed it inside, and kept the baking soda box beside the bag, then put the whole thing into a scented trash bag for 2 days. That worked! The smell isn't entirely gone, but I'm fairly certain that I'm the only one who notices it.

Other than that, the bag is great! It's very large, which I love. The bag is soft and well-made, and I've only carried it for two days and have already received over a dozen compliments on it. The combination of the rose and leather-like material is a perfect blend of styles and textures. A few things to note: the bag does not stand up on its own. I expected it to be stiffer, but it's not. Additionally, even though pictures on other websites show it slung over a shoulder, it's not really a shoulder bag unless you have fairly slim arms. Other than those two points and the smell, I absolutely love this bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment